Albion FUMC Capital Campaign
Over fifty years ago the congregation of Albion First United Methodist Church made a leap of faith to move from its location on Erie Street and build a new facility on the Albion College campus. Some of our friends and neighbors still remember the cornerstone-laying ceremony on September 29, 1957 and closing the old church after 70 years as a place of worship and meeting.
Today Albion First United Methodist Church’s mission to serve as a place of worship, study, and outreach continues. Baptisms, marriages, Bible Study, Sunday School, Youth Groups, Senior Center, Albion Youth Development Center, Red Cross blood drives, Men Who Cook dinners are just few of a myriad of community activities Albion first United Methodist Church has provided over the years.
At the Albion United Methodist Church, we have inherited a rich tradition of loving God and loving one other. Our forerunners in the faith have left us a legacy of serving, sharing and caring that gives life to this Christian community, and to the community beyond our doors. In Phase II of the campaign, we seek to build upon that legacy for the future of ministry in Albion, continuing to make our church an accessible connecting point for the whole community.